Call for Artists
We are looking for talented artists to create a commemorative poster for the production of Marqués. There is a $300 cash prize for the selected poster and gift certificates for the Bay Tree bookstore for the first and second runners up. We will be reviewing materials over the Winter break. The winners will be announced the first week of winter quarter during the Marqués Q&A reception on January 5th at Humanities 210.
We are excited to be bringing Marqués to life here at UCSC. Mark your calendars now for opening night on February 26, 2016 at UCSC’s Experimental Theater and we’ll see you there.
We want to make this an extra special event and get as many people involved as possible. We want to start right now by reaching out to our community of artists to help develop our event artwork this year. It will be used on posters, postcards, t-shirts and more.
We would love to see your talents, please submit a draft of your Marqués commemorative poster design by Friday, December 25th.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Each participant may submit up to three entries and entry is free of charge.
2. Your original poster design file must be in CMYK color mode, 18×24 (inches) as an Illustrator “.ai” file or “.jpg”. If you win you will be asked to send the layered original file for verification purposes and also a high resolution PDF version for printing.
The final design must incorporate your vision of a narco-Macbeth.
** A basic jpg or tiff for the draft is ok, but an ai, pdf or eps final version would be needed if you win. **
3. The Marqués production company assumes all entries are original creations and the work and property of the entrant with all rights granted therein. The participant retains the copyright of the submitted image.
4. The winner of the contest will be decided by our chosen panel of judges consisting of the Marqués Production Committee. The judges’ votes will be based on the following criteria:
– Overall Creativity and Concept
– Visual impact
– Event Recognition, is it easy to understand what the event is about immediately?
** Two finalists will win $50 Baytree Bookstore gift certificates**
5. Focus on your design and don’t worry about getting the text exactly right. We can work with the winner on text and finer details for the final versions. Feel free to email if you have any questions.
Please email your submission to email@example.com. Use “Narco-Macbeth Poster” in the subject line. Thanks for your participation!